5.22.2006

Eurovision

This weekend I was exposed to an amazing event filled with an array of horrible talent, tacky dress, superflouous drama and one terrible haircut. This event occurs once a year with the competing nations of Europe. It's, to my best comparative description, the mother of American Idol. Apparently this is where Simon Cowell was apprenticed and spawned. The event begins early in the year when the individual competing countries have an audition with the winner getting the illustrious invitation to the "main event." During the competition each country has the chance to woo and win over the voting public, from which I understand is every European that has a tele, with the aformentioned acts.

When all countries are finished the exciting moment of voting takes place. This, in my estimate, was one of the best portions of the program as every vote was decided not on "talent" of the performers but on political status. For instance, Sweden would pool more votes for Denmark and Finland, and vice versa; Greece votes for Cyprus and Cyprus recipricates and no country votes for France. The other best portion: the Europeans that I had the pleasure of sharing the experience with. From shouting Irish men to face painted, flag bearing Swedes - and the most fabulous part: many delicious European dishes. I stuffed myself.

The winner of Eurovision - think of Marilyn Manson times four, all on steroids. You should look them up. Overall, a very interesting night of immersing myself in the British culture.

9 comments:

Me & Me said...

I'm speachless...it's just like AI. Not really based on talent at all. Glad you're being cultured!
~S

Me & Me said...

Link to Winner:

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/2509.htm

Uhhh... and I thought we had problems.

Now I KNOW we do.. Why the heck don't we have these guys in America!!!!!! Screaming MONSTERs of Lori ROCK! Why don't we have screaming monsters headlining our music industry?

Me & Me said...

Some comments from Tomi (head man for Lordi):

eurovision.tv: And how would you describe to a blind person who couldn’t touch you?

Mr. Lordi [laughing]: Mr. Lordi is the monster of monsters. He leads a group of five monsters from different ages and different dimensions. We have an alien, we have an Egyptian mummy. On the musical side, we are a rock band, a heavy rock band, playing melodic 80s hard rock.




Surely Lordi and Christianity don’t go together? Sure they do. “I am a member of a church and our drummer Kita actually wrote and played some church music.”

“I don’t want to burn in hell, I want to go to heaven.”

David said...

Oh, nice find on the quotes! Arn't those guys hilarious! I was cracking up. Some folks just try too hard.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! pimples proactiv http://www.weight-loss-treatments-cellulite-body-shape.info/buy-didrex-over-the-co.html Galley kitchen plans Bontril sales.html Video card best Download nvidia geforce2 mx200 32mb graphic card driver buy didrex sale Modernist furniture portland oregon online prescription medication didrex http://www.wheelchairsacsessories.info/1996_buick_century.html allergic to herbal supplements minidisc player 2fbuy diazepam dishwasher repair bosch sms 2012 repair mainual Celebrity erectile dysfunction

Anonymous said...

Get your hands on all the information available on football here. Bridging the gap between generally knowing and really knowing all about college football is what this article is about.

Anonymous said...

I blog often and I genuinely thank уοu for your сοntent.

This gгeat article has really peakeԁ my interest.
I will bookmark your website and keеp cheсking for new detаіls about
once pег wееκ. I opted
іn fοr your Feed as well. rippln mobile - rippln app - Rippln Reviews

Нere is mу webpage ... rippln app

Anonymous said...

Hаve you ever thοught abоut
addіng a little bit more thаn juѕt your
articlеs? I mean, what уou say is fundamentаl and
all. Nеverthеlеss juѕt imagіne if yоu aԁdеԁ somе grеat visuals or viԁeοs to give your posts
mοre, "pop"! Youг content is excellent but with
images and vidеos, this sitе could ԁefіnitely bе οnе of the best in its field.
Very gooԁ blоg!

Here is my blog ροst; home Business

Anonymous said...

Itѕ not my fiгst time tо paу a quicκ visit this web sіte,
i am browsing this website dailly and оbtain fastidious datа from hеrе all thе time.


Feel frеe to surf to my web page: sportsbet